In Lakshmipur, 10 shops with goods were burnt to ashes due to electrical short circuit. The accident took place in Dasherhat Bazar of Charshahi Union of Sadar Upazila on Friday morning.
According to fire service and Dasher Hat police outpost sources, the fire started from a mobile servicing shop during the incident. The fire immediately spread to nearby shops. Laxmipur fire service personnel reached the spot after receiving the information and brought the fire under control with the help of locals.
Before this, 10 shops with goods were burnt to ashes. These include rod-cement, mobile servicing, plastic goods, furniture, pharmacy, grocery and tea shops. Dasherhat police outpost in-charge Jahangir Alam said the incident was tragic. The affected traders are left destitute.
Laxmipur Fire Service Office Station Officer Ranjit Kumar Saha said the fire started from an electrical short circuit. 10 shops were burnt. The extent of the damage could not be immediately assessed.