Child dies after consuming cockroach killer.In Phulbari upazila of Kurigram, a child died after drinking cockroach killing medicine. The child’s name is Nishan (3). This incident happened in Anantapur village of Kashipur union of the upazila before Tuesday evening. The deceased child Nishan is the son of Tajul Islam of that village.
According to the family sources of the deceased, the child’s father bought medicine from the market to kill cockroaches and kept it in the house. The child drank the poisonous medicine before Tuesday evening while playing. After some time the child lost consciousness. Later he was rescued from the house and taken to Phulbari Upazila Health Complex where the doctor on duty declared him dead.
In this regard Phulbari Upazila Health Complex doctor Dr. Homayara Khatun confirmed the truth of the incident and said that the child died on the way before being taken to the hospital. His mouth smelled of that pesticide. In this regard, Phulbari Police OC Pran Krinch Debnath confirmed the truth of the incident.